my favorite smoothie

Towards the ending of last year, I made a big change & commitment to my diet. I basically did what everyone else does & cut out all the junk from my meals. I've never been a huge mess when it comes to what I eat, but I always knew that I could definitely make an improvement. 

Eventually, in order to improve on these good habits, we bought a smoothie blender, which I prefer to juicing since there's virtually no waste, so that we could make drinks in the morning before work. I fell in love with it pretty instantly. The process is so easy, & so fun to experiment with.

This recipe is delicious on its own, but the great & versatile thing about making your own drinks is that they're customizable: you can add/take away whatever you want. To this specific recipe, I like to sometimes add a juice (fresh-squeezed grapefruit is my preference, but you can also use cold green tea) or a handful of greens, like spinach or kale, even some oats, nuts, or ground flax or chia seeds. 

RECIPE
1 large Apple (I like golden delicious, but you can use whatever you want)
2 Bananas
1/2 of an Avocado
Squeeze of lemon juice (to prevent browning)
Filtered water

Prep your fruit: cut & core the apple, peel & cut the bananas, & scoop out your avocado.
Place in your blending vessel.
Pour in water & squeeze in lemon juice.
Blend until smooth.

Thank you for reading, & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

grass moon. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.